🗣️ LanguagesPublic general hospital; NO international department or English-language service verified (we searched specifically for a foreign-seafarer service and found nothing confirming one) — assume Chinese only, Arabic via translation app or a companion
Bring passport, register (挂号) on arrival, pay cash/WeChat/Alipay/card. Traces back to 1950, named 'Zhejiang Provincial Zhoushan Hospital' in 1954, 'Zhoushan Municipal People's Hospital' in 1987, and finally '舟山医院' in December 2009 — older sources may still use the old names. Since August 2023 it is also co-branded 'Zhoushan Branch of the Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine'. It also runs a maternal-and-child health campus and a TCM orthopedics campus. No reliable official website URL was found, so the field is left empty
🇨🇳 Inside China use Baidu or Amap; Google Maps needs a VPN.
🚇 Getting there
🚌
Bus
No metro in Zhoushan. City buses stop near the hospital; we did not verify route numbers — use Gaode/Baidu Maps
🧭
From the city centre
Note: Zhoushan is an island city with NO passenger railway station. Arrive via Zhoushan Putuoshan Airport (舟山普陀山机场) or Ningbo Lishe International Airport, or by coach/car over the Zhoushan cross-sea bridges from Ningbo. Then taxi/Didi; show the driver the Chinese name '舟山医院'
💬 Medical phrases to show the doctor/pharmacist
Tap any phrase to copy the Chinese and show it to hospital or pharmacy staff.
How do I take this medicine? How many times a day?
这个药怎么吃?一天几次?
Is this safe with my current medication?
这个药和我现在吃的药一起吃安全吗?
At the hospital / logistics8▾
Where is the emergency department?
急诊科在哪里?
I need a doctor who speaks English.
我需要一位会说英语的医生。
I want to register to see a doctor.
我要挂号看病。
How much does the visit and treatment cost?
看病和治疗要多少钱?
Can I pay by card or WeChat/Alipay?
可以刷卡或用微信/支付宝付款吗?
I need a medical report and receipt for insurance.
我需要诊断报告和发票用于保险。
Please call an Arabic interpreter if possible.
如果可以,请帮我叫一位阿拉伯语翻译。
Where is the nearest pharmacy?
最近的药房在哪里?
Emergency4▾
Help! Call an ambulance.
救命!请叫救护车。
This is an emergency.
这是紧急情况。
Someone is unconscious.
有人昏迷了。
I need urgent help.
我需要紧急帮助。
🛡️ Most public hospitals require payment first, then you claim from insurance. Keep every receipt (发票 fāpiào) and medical report. International travel/medical insurance is recommended; some International/VIP hospital departments bill insurers directly.